Sunday, March 25, 2007

Rosaries for Aunt Jan's family

I have several pictures of recent rosaries I created, but before I do that, I want to wish Lisa all the very best. I just got word from a relative that she's in the hospital and I want to send all my love and well wishes her way and also out to all her family. They've been through so much in the past year and I can't imagine how difficult this is for them now. I love you all and I'm wishing and praying for the best.

The following are pictures of all the rosaries and rosary bracelets I made using Aunt Jan's jewelry. I made each one completely different and unique from each other. There are eight in all, one for Uncle Dave, cousin Marcus, Cyndi, Lisa, and one for each of Aunt Jan's grandchildren, Fran, Brogan, Casie and Tarnia.

I made these two rosary bracelets for Jan's two daughters, Cyndi and Lisa.

Both use the cultured pearls from Aunt Jan's collection along with the pearl centerpiece from my grandmother's pearl necklace. One uses hematine accents while the other uses blue pearl accents. I believe Cyndi took the blue pearl bracelet while Lisa was given the pearl and hematine bracelet. I hope having both grandma and Jan's pearl's is a comfort and strength for her during this time.


I made two full length rosaries for both Uncle Dave and Marcus, each using a different piece of Aunt Jan's jewelry.

For Dave's rosary, I used the green stone beads from Aunt Jan's necklace along with some silver accents. I hope he thinks of Aunt Jan when he sees it because it reminds me of her.


For Marcus's, I kind of broke the mold and went a bit away from the traditional rosary look and feel.


I used the blue and bone beads from Aunt Jan's choker to represent the hail mary's and glory be's of a traditional rosary but used accent beadsalong with it, so its look isn't the same aesthetic as a rosary but it still has the same form and function.

For Aunt Jan's four grandchildren, I created four rosary bracelets, that also play with the look and feel of a normal rosary.

For Brogan, I used the same color scheme and ideas I used for Marcus's Rosary, playing on the bone and hematine. I also made the centerpiece of the rosary dettachable, so if he wanted to wear the bracelet by itself, he could.


Cyndi tells me Brogan really liked this bracelet and put it on almost immediately.

For Fran, I created a mixed rosary bracelet, using beads from two of Aunt Jan's necklaces.


I used a combination of the green stones that I also used for Dave's rosary and the cultured pearls I used for Cyndi and Lisa's bracelets. I think the two bead types combined quite well. Cyndi told me she was thinking of taking this one instead of the blue pearl bracelet instead, she liked it so much.

For Casie Ann and Tarnie I actually used the seed beads from Aunt Jan's green stone necklace to do things a bit differently.


In one, I used the small glass beads to form loops and in the other, I used the glass beads to create tiny little rosettes. In the one above, each loop represents a hail mary and in other, each small beaded flower represents one hail mary.

I'm really amazed how differently they've all turned out. I hope I've created something each person in the family likes. As always, if anyone would like me to change something, let me know and I'll be happy to change it.

Again, I'm sending my love and my thoughts to Lisa and all her family, hoping that she recovers from this harrowing experience. This is an awefully tough time for all the family involved, and I'm giving everyone my best.

Good Luck and lots of love.

No comments: