Saturday, March 10, 2007

Aunt Jan's beads

As stated before, I've gotten the opportunity to work with and use Aunt Jan's beads in rosaries. I've utterly enjoyed the process because I think it's what she would've wanted. I thought I'd go into a little detail about the jewelry I received. Keep in mind that the pictures probably aren't the greatest (They were taken by me and not by the lovely and talented Teena Marie. You get what you pay for.)

My cousin Cyndi gave me two strands of Aunt Jan's pearls.


The first set is a strand of freshwater pearls. The second is a strand of cultured pearls. I love the set of cultured pearls and the clasp is really stunning and beautiful. I'm hoping to reuse it for something because it's not meant to sit in a box forever.

The next necklace was a blue and silver choker Jan wore often.

I actually remember this piece on Aunt Jan, which makes having it all the more special.

The next piece was a green stone and seed bead necklace.

I could see Aunt Jan wearing this with a nice summer dress, enjoying a nice summer day at the beach. I really enjoyed these beads. I used all the stones from this necklace and most of the seed beads.

The next was an interesting three-strand choker made out of bone and shell.


I really like this piece and have already used a lot of the beads in rosaries for Marcus and Brogan. I haven't quite figured out if I can use the long shell pieces in rosaries or not, but I've already gotten a lot of use out of this necklace so far.

Below is a montage of the rest of the necklaces I received but so far haven't used.



I'd like to thank Cyndi for the opportunity once again and also for her graciousness. I recieved a nice note with the package of beads from Cyndi that I'd like to share:

Here are the beades that no one claimed for their use. I've put the pearls in
because they were precious to Mum and I want everyone to have some of them. The silver necklace with the blue beads is a necklace Mum wore alot. I remember each
piece of jewelry on her. Enjoy and spread around to all family members.

Thanks Cyndi! I'll do just that.

No comments: