Sunday, March 04, 2007

The Big Announcement

I’ve promised for weeks that there would be a big announcement and I’ve finally gotten to a point that I can make that big announcement now.

Aunt Jan was an amazing person and an integral piece of the family. That probably goes without saying. She was also a lovely person that we’re all going to miss a lot. That also goes without saying. The thing that I haven’t had the opportunity to say, at least until now, is that I’ve gotten the chance to honor her memory along with my Grandmother’s by placing their beads together in rosaries. And Cyndi has allowed me the opportunity to use Jan’s beads to incorporate them into the rosaries for not only her family, but the rest of the extended family as well.

My cousin Cyndi sent me a handful of Jan’s beaded necklaces that she loved to wear. I’ve created rosaries and rosary bracelets for Uncle Dave, and my cousins Marcus, Lisa and Cyndi. I've also made rosary bracelets for Jan’s four grandchildren. I’ve kept it a surprise until now. Cyndi wanted to keep it between us until I finished them and sent them out. I’ve sent them out to Cyndi and she’ll distribute them to the rest of the family shortly.

Cousin Cyndi has been gracious and generous enough to give me the rest of the beads so that I can incorporate Jan’s beads with Grandma’s beads into all the rest of the rosaries. I’ve really enjoyed this process and have found that it has been a fitting and loving way to remember and honor Jan. As I was making one of the rosaries, I teared up a little bit, thinking of Jan.
I’ll post pictures of all the jewelry I received as well as the pictures of the rosaries I made in return (but in a later post). Hopefully soon I’ll post that video from Jan’s funeral I’ve been promising. I want to thank Cyndi for all of help and giving me this opportunity. I hope everyone enjoys them!

No comments: