Monday, July 03, 2006

About the Project

When I was home for my grandmother's funeral, I was able to go through her jewelry collection and I picked out some pieces she wore that I'm currently transforming into rosaries. The following pictures are of the two necklaces I have from her collection:



The first strand is a group of fun glass beads with gold flakes in them. The second is a strand of pearls. I'm actually a little bit anxious to hear any stories related to these. If you know anything about them or any anticdotes, I'd love to hear them.

I take one or two beads from one the strands and add it to the rosary.

The two pearl beads at the centerpiece are two from the strand pictured above. I used black beads for the 10 Hail Marys, pearls, for the Glory Bes and my grandmother's pearls at the center, (one as the Our Father and the other as the first glory be). I also plan on making rosary bracelets, which are a much simpler design (not pictured right now, sorry). The above rosary has already been shipped off to my Aunt Jan. If you like this design and would like one, let me know.

I plan on making a rosary necklace or bracelet for all of her living children and grandchildren. If you're family, all you have to do is inform me if you want one or not, if you want me to make a bracelet or a full necklace, which bead type you want me to incorporate into the design (a pearl or a glass bead) and if you want a specific color scheme. If you have some beads you want incorporated into the design, feel free to e-mail me and we'll talk details. If you want me to make a rosary for one of the great-grandchildren, let me know. I had not planned on making a rosary for the great-grandchildren, but if there are enough left overs, we can talk about it. Supplies are a little bit limited, so I need to know who wants one and who doesn't.

No comments: