Tuesday, April 03, 2007

The Rosary Project Story This Far

So, about bi-weekly, my mother (Hi Mom! 'Sup, all her kids at Loving High School! She says you've checked out the site. I just thought I'd say hi!) has been calling me with stories from our family in Australia. Apparantly, the rosaries I've sent them have had a pretty big impact on the family. I won't tell you their stories here. They aren't mine to tell. I'll leave that up to the individual members if they want to contribute. When mom told me some of their stories, I couldn't help but get a little emotional. I wasn't aware that something so simple as a rosary was having that tremendous effect on the family.

This project has affected me in ways I never knew it could. So far, it has surpassed any expectations I could have had for it. All I wanted was to let everyone in the family have a piece of our grandmother that they could treasure. I'm coming to find out that the rosaries happen to be doing a lot more than that. For some, they are bringing solace and comfort and that more than I had ever anticipated for a simple little peace of jewelry.

In other news, I'm hoping to get a couple of articles from John Carlson posted this week (so my mom's students can read them. Hi again! If you want to, give her a big hug for me.).

No comments: