Friday, March 30, 2007

Lisa's Memorial, more rosaries

Lisa's Memorial

I'm here at home today, taking a day off to honor Lisa's Memorial, as a way of saying goodbye because I can't be in Australia with Lisa's family. I plan to go on a nice hike later on today, as a way of saying goodbye. I did the same when we lost Aunt Jan and it's feels like a necessary release. My heart still goes out to her father, sister and brother and all of their families. They've been through so much this year and its hard to see them go through more. If you're reading this today, please take a moment to close your eyes and reflect on her memory.

Mary's Rosary

In the mayhem that's transpired in the last couple of weeks, I've neglected to put up a picture of the rosary that I made for Aunt Mary. I sent it out the same time I sent out the rosaries for all of Aunt Jan's family. I had made this specific rosary just to make one. Then Aunt Mary called and asked if she could have one, and this one felt like a perfect fit:



I found these lovely grey glass beads at one of my favorite bead stores awhile back. They just seemed tailor-made for a rosary. When Aunt Mary called, I knew this rosary was for her. I augmented the centerpiece with some of Aunt Jan's freshwater pearls, so now she has a little token of her sister and her mother with her.


Aunt Mary sent me a lovely thank you note that I thought I'd share:
I received the Rosary, I'm thrilled. It's so beautiful and lovingly made. Thank you so much. It has been blessed by my favourite hermit priest, Sr. Ronan. I love the beads and shall treasure it.

Can you believe it? A rosary I made was actually blessed by a priest. I was actually kind of blown away by that fact. I'm not sure why. Just kind of humbled I guess. I just feel really lucky to be doing this.

No comments: