Sunday, August 19, 2007

Mary's Beads

As I've stated before, this project has transcended itself from a means of keeping my grandmother's memory alive to something else entirely. I now have beads not only from my grandmother, but from all of her daughters as well, which as I said before, is a wonderful way of memorializing all five remarkable women.

I haven't yet taken pictures of Claire's bead contributions (or my mother's for that matter), but I do have pictures of the wonderful contributions Mary has made. First up is a strand of pearls and crystals.


According to Mary's letter, Mary had made this necklace and given it to Aunt Jan many years ago. It's a beautiful strand that I've already enjoyed using.

The second picture is of some red and silver beads that also belonged to a necklace Jan use to wear as well.


Mary also contributed some fun seed and crystal beads as well as some unique glass beads.




These contributions have been a lot of fun to work with and use. I've already used some of them in some very unique ways. Thanks again Aunt Mary, for your lovely contribution.

1 comment:

Sara Bishop said...

I just found your blog and it is very inspiring. I have been extremely lucky and havent lost anyone close to me, but my own Grandma is getting into her 80s and has numerous health problems so I spend a lot of time worried about when I'll get the call. I try to talk to her and visit as much as possible, considering we live a few hours away and I have a toddler. It's very nice to see what you have done for your family in your grandmother's memory, as well as your aunt and cousin. I have a rosary that was my great grandmothers and I can barely use it, as it's starting to fall apart and I dont know how to fix it, but it is very special to me and I hope to pass it on to my own daughter someday. Basically, I wanted to say your story inspires me and thank you for putting it on the internet. God Bless.