Thursday, August 31, 2006

Contacting Family

So I finally broke down and wrote an e-mail to the family, telling them about this little venture. I'm looking forward to seeing what they have to say. Thanks to my mom, and a couple other family members who happen to know about this, I'm interested to see the reaction.

I'm posting the e-mail I sent out here, just for reference:

Hi All;

I've been meaning to do this for several months now, but this is the first time I've gotten around to it.

As some of you may know, I've been working for many months now with some of our grandmother's jewelry. I decided to use some of her jewelry in a way that I thought would honor her memory; I'm making rosaries. I figured I'd make one rosary for each of the kids (Steve, Claire, Mary, Jan, who was the first recipient of one, my mom, and possibly Linda and Marilyn if they would like one) and one for each of the grandkids, which is a heck of a lot of rosaries, but that's o.k.

What I'd like is feedback on the project. If you'd like one, if you'd like to decline, if maybe you'd like to put a rosary on her gravestone or the uncle's grave stone instead, or if you have any other ideas. I'm open to whatever it is you want to do. I've created a website where you can see what I'm doing so far:

http://rosaryproject.blogspot.com/

I'll post pictures of ones I made so far and I'll let people claim dibs to any one that they want. I've thought of this website not only as a way to share this project, but also as a way for us as family members to connect and keep in touch. I've always thought that grandma was the glue that held this family together. She was a our strength, and our hope, and with her gone, there's a little empty space that I hope to fill in part by making these rosaries and giving them to the family.

Sorry for getting a little sentimental there. Please check out the site and let me know if you're interested in having a rosary. And if there's anybody that you know I've left out of this e-mail do me a big favor and forward this e-mail to them. It's not my intention to leave anybody out, I'd like as many people included as possible, but I'm sure I don't have everyone's e-mails, so I'm reliant on all of you to spread the word.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Best Regards;

Tylia Gardner

If you're here because you just got my e-mail, Welcome! Take a look around. Let me know if you have any questions. I look forward to hearing from you!

No comments: